Shriram General Insurance
The Shriram Group forayed into the General insurance industry in 2008, with Sanlam, a leading insurer in South Africa, to form Shriram General Insurance Company Limited. Today, Shriram Capital holds 76.79% stake in Shriram General with 22.97% held by Sanlam.
Shriram General Insurance, with the background of Group’s huge captive transportation businesses and customers, has focused on addressing the requirements of the hitherto unexplored market, to provide need based benefits to the transportation community.
With a Team of highly qualified and experienced Insurance Professionals, SGI follows a comprehensive process for insurance of risks:
- Understand and evaluate the Insurance needs
- Arrange risk inspection / management and suggesting the risk minimization tools
- Design a comprehensive Insurance plan
- Customise insurance covers, if required
- Quick and transparent claims management
Within short span of 9 years, Shriram General Insurance Company Limited has established itself as a major player in the industry. It has recorded turnover of Rs 2102 crore for 2016-17, growing at 23% and has settled 117258 claims worth Rs.1352 crores. Today, SGI is among the three companies selected by IRCTC (Indian Government Railway Portal) to provide Insurance coverage to Indian Rail Passengers. It has insured 3.97 crore lives in FY 2016-17 and is now growing the portfolio exponentially.
Recognising its growth and customer centric approach, SGIC was awarded the “Excellence in growth Award” at THE INDIA INSURANCE AWARDS 2011 and 2012. SGIC was conferred this award for their outstanding growth within only 3 years of inception, by a highly eminent jury.
SGI is redefining the service parameters of General Insurance Industry by ensuring that each employee understands the Slogan "BE INSURED... REST ASSURED" in its spirit and the customer has an overall pleasant experience. The company is giving special attention to the innovative products and application of latest IT developments in its operations.
Shriram General Insurance Company Limited
Financial Highlights (In crores)
|Profit Before Tax
|Profit After Tax
|Paid up Equity Capital
To read more please visit http://www.shriramgi.com/
Under the provisions of Motor Vehicles Act and Insurance Act, all vehicles that ply in public places must be mandatorily insured and should at least cover "Third Party Liability" as specified under the Act.
Shriram Motor Package Policy provides:
- Protection from a financial loss arising out of loss or damage to the vehicle.
- Protection from liability towards third parties for personal injury.
- Compensation for death and property damage on account of any accident involving the insured vehicle.
What does the policy cover
- Loss or damage to your vehicle
- Natural Calamities
- Man-Made Calamities
- Personal Liability
- Property Liability
“Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance Policy of Shriram General Insurance offers you the protection for your assets like Home.”
Having dreams fulfilled and seeing family happy is every individual’s want. But life is a puzzle that is filled with unforeseen events. No one can predict the future, but everyone can take a step ahead towards security and safety. Standard Fire and Special Perils Insurance Policy of Shriram General Insurance offers you the protection for your assets like Home. Shriram General Insurance assures you that if you are insured under our general insurance policy, you will receive the best services and fastest claim settlements which will be hassle free.
This policy covers loss or damage due to the following:
- Fire, Lightning, Explosion / Implosion
- Aircraft Damage, Riot, Strike & Malicious Damage
- Storm, Cyclone, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation
- Impact Damage, Subsidence and Landslide including Rockslide
- Bursting and/or overflowing of Water Tanks
- Apparatus and Pipes bursting
- Missile testing operations
- Leakage from Automatic Sprinkler Installations and Bush Fire
- Upto 3% of the claim amount to cover the Architects, Surveyors and Consulting Engineer's Fees
- Upto 1% of the claim amount to cover the Debris Removal
Shopkeeper's Umbrella Insurance
Shriram General Insurance's "Shopkeeper's Umbrella Insurance Package Policy" is one
policy that covers business of a shopkeeper which is often ignored by everyone.
We have compiled and combined a number of contingencies for your convenience and
comprehensive coverage under one single policy.
- Fire & Allied perils - Building & Contents .
- Burglary & Robbery
- Money in Transit.
- Plate Glass and Neon Signs/Glow Signs
- Electronic Equipment
- Breakdown of Business Equipments
- Personal Accident
- Fidelity Guarantee
- Public Liability
- Householder's Umbrella Package Insurance
Liability policy for Medical Establishment Insurance
Scope of Cover
The Policy will indemnify the Insured in respect of any Act committed by the professionals
or qualified Assistants named in the Proposal engaged by the Medical Establishments,
which gives rise to any Third Party Legal Liabilities
- Lists of Eligible Medical Establishments
- Laboratories & Digonistics Centers
- Mental Homes
- Nursing & Convalescent Homes
- Homes for Physically Disabled
- Dispencies Pharmacis
- Veterinary Hospitals and / or Clinics.
- Boiler And Pressure Plant Insurance
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance
- Contractor's Plant And Machinery Insurance
- Electronic Equipment Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractor's All Risk Insurance.